Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lightspeed Attenuator/LDR Volume control - reading time!

I have been reading the thread at diyaudio since yesterday, stopped at page 45 out of 80 (I think). Hell! That's way too much reading for a 'small project'... As good as it may be, it seems that the LDR has it's own set of problems.. One thing for sure, the majority of the users were pleased with the sound..
What I'm gonna do is that, I'll try out the simple/basic version based on diyparadise schematics.. pending audition , may then use the Light Attenuator version, probably using optocouplers.. they're about RM15 each at RS..

Couple of interesting thing to happen this weekend.
-My VSPS kits should be arriving any time now.
-Am supposed to pickup my GALE 3030 and a Yamaha AV amp in KL
- A friend is giving away his Rega Planar 3 + RB300 arm, the Planar 3 is 'free' while the price for RB300 was not mentioned, but its gonna be 'a price I could not refuse'! Well, we'll see.. all this for the VSPS kit and the 'enhancments' that I'm gonna do for him.. hehe..
- will get the parts for the LDR volume control from my fav haunting place; Jalan Pasar, where else!

No comments: