Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LDR Volume Control - the progress so far...


As I was trying to drill the holes for the installation of the RCA sockets, the darn back panel cracked apart! WTF? It seems that the back(and front) plate is made of some brittle plastic! Trying to be more 'careful' I tried to centre punch a hole, as soon as my hammer hit the centre punch, whole darn panel broke to pieces! LOL. Honestly, I have bought a similar casing/box before and this is the first time such a thing happened. Looks like , I have to get from my usual supplier. So, scrap the whole casing then.. need another approach.
Did tried to fireup the LEDs and checked if the 51 ohm series resistance is good enough, testing using a 9V battery looks good. I guess a working voltage of 5V in the original schematics is workable.. No more progress on this..
Anybody working into this too? Drop me a line!
Have a nice day ;)

No comments: