Monday, April 20, 2009

Technics SL-2000- Finally, YES!

A picture tells a thousand words they say, and what does the above picture tells you? Yep, I got the SL-2000 spinning and singing again, yeay!

Replaced the blown fuse with an 850mA one in liew of the original 400mA. Some repositioning of loose wiring and voila! It spins! I couldn't believe my eyes (and my luck!!)
To make the Tt useable and for testing purposes, I had to 'borrow' the headshell from my Pioneer DirectDrive Tt with the Ortofon OM10 Super cartridge... after realignment of the cartridge carried out and balance weight adjusted at about 1.5 g, lo and behold... I swear it sounded better than my Pioneer DD Tt! Stereo separation and staging, depth and most of all the PRaT is very apparent!
More listening sessions to do... In the mean time, I got a 'new' toy to play... ;)

No comments: