Sunday, August 23, 2009

3 kits in a day!

Shown here the 3 digit counter being powered by the PSU kit.. Everything works the first time! What a day...!


Finally, the timer. Shown here powered and the timer started by pressing the 'START' button. The LED is powered and after a certain time, will go off. The relay during this time will also be energized and deenergized when the timer ends. There's a small pot on the board for small timing adjustments and a switch for Low or High timing schedules.


The completed digital counter. Should be of use in the future projects. For 5 bucks I ain't complaining!


I started with the PSU. A switchable between 9V and 12V. It had a PP3 battery clip terminal which is good as I can use it to replace the PP3 9V battery, which coincidentally is required to power the other 2 kits!
No big deal straight forward construction.



I bought 3 electronic kits last friday because it was on sale and its dirt cheap at RM5! Not that I really need them but heck, the parts alone cost more than that! The 3 kits were; 9V/12V PSU with transformer, 0-100 sec/min timer and 3 digit counter. I am always fascinated by digital circuits with seven segment displays so I'm kinda glad to have bought one.

I finished the first 2 kits within the hour on saturday morning. The last kit was finished in the afternoon..

3 kits in a day! A first!

No comments: