Tuesday, June 16, 2009

History of my speakers - Part I


Some update is better that no updates, right?

My very first speakers bought was the Celestion Ditton 100.
'Tiny' bookshelves that was driven by the infamous NAD3020. Who would not owned a NAD during that time? ;)
Source was a Technics SL-D2 direct drive TT and a Technics RS-M215 cassette deck.
Year: 1980-81

Quite serve the purpose being the low end range of the Ditton series. I was only a student back then and was living on a scholarship of an equivalent of 260 Irish pounds a month!
Definitely no earth shattering bass.. mid especially the vocals was okay. It suits the 'budget' system..
Since I am a 'bass head' this good set was soon replaced because I was 'upset'as my room mate was blasting away with his Celef Studio One.. the bass was really 'earth shattering' and I was terribly envious....

Note: The picture above is not the actual speakers owned by me. This one was taken from ebay.. ;)

No comments: