Monday, December 3, 2007

Det'nator-Update 1

After much thought, I decided to scrapped the current preamp circuitary. I am simply NOT satisfied with its performance. Not that it is NOT good but I believe d'BOMB requires a better performance/higher quality preamp... more research to be done here! The keyword here is simplicity yet high performance.. tall order huh?

Have found some basic designs which I need to go through and pending availability of parts, need to assemble the unit and do some preliminary testings.. looks like the project gonna be slightly delayed.. all for good reasons! Hope the customer understands..

4 comments:

Admin said...

huh?? still not satisfy?
When the pre-amp and power amp were not integrated..it sound damn nice and poisonous..
How come when put 2 together..it yield bad result..
make me puzzle liao...
Anyway, how U can quickly overcome the issue and have a better result!!

jazzy939 said...

mike,
there was NO changes in the sound when it is in one housing but me being a 'perfectionist'.. wants this unit to be better than that! remember, i wanna beat those commercial amps that costs at least twice the price. also wanna make my customer very happy and delighted... no worries, i have found several solutions, will try them out this weekends.. if i can get those parts in JP.. or farnell/rs.. :P

MadZiZ said...

Haha dun take too long....la. I know it will sound good but to me the current combo is already super sweet!!!!!!!

Admin said...

LOL..Future owner beh tahan liao..He is missing so much on that beast!!