Tuesday, November 13, 2007

PCM58 DAC- a quickie (part 2)

Second day (night actually coz its after midnight!) of auditioning.I'll make this short.. tired and sleepy already!
Configuration changes: Using the BOMB in place of the Technics integrated amplifier, the SU-A900MK2.
Findings: The apparent 'narrowed' soundstage has been restored. mid especially the highs now is a little bit more polished. The lows.. this is where the BOMB really shines.. well articulated and controlled. This is the icing on the cake..

Final configuration: a Yamaha Natural Sound DSP introduced to the setup to be used as a preamp.. was using the DVD/CDP digital volume control as system volume/preamp.
Final verdict: The Yamaha DSP pre-amp is that red cherry sitting on a top of the great cake. This IS the sound setup that had me amazed at 2.15 in the morning. Oh I almost forgot.. closing my eyes and 'viewing' the soundstage.. I can't locate my speakers!
Goodnight...

3 comments:

Admin said...

Great!!
Grat that U fine a nice combo for yr BOMB..hahaaha
Now, I demand photos for the setup!!!

MadZiZ said...

Haha i wonder if the customer of the bomb likes you using the bomb? Haha i am sure he doesn't LOL. Great devise la that bomb....i have listened to it and i am amazed with the depth of bass it produces!!!! Can't wait to see results on the detonator!!! Fei tit lor!!!! Dun keep us all in suspense :P

Admin said...

I had a chance to audition the combo again yesterday at jazzy house. Wow...I must said it relly really sound very good to me.
When listen to Rebecca Pigeon's Spanish Harlem, I have goosh bump all over my body!!! This is my natural reaction to something touchy and nice.
Damn, this make me very curious to venture into hi-fi world. But i guess it will be couple of year down the road..
Thank jazzy for such a great experience... :)
P/S: THE BOMB + FUSE combo really tapao the Technics SU-A900MKII(90+90Watts Class AA) flat out...hahaha